Wednesday 23 January 2013

Homemade Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

I am a huge hummus fan. I eat it often and love how there are lots of variety in flavours to give the original hummus a kick. Since I enjoy hummus so much, I decided I would make my own...roasted red pepper style! This snack is super quick and easy to whip up.
Ingredients:
1 can of chickpeas
1/4 cup of olive oil
Quarter cup of roasted red peppers
3 cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper
(It should be noted that I eyeballed everything while making this hummus. So I am approximating the amounts of each ingredient)
Add the roasted red peppers, garlic, chickpeas to the blender. As you're blending the ingredients  drizzle in the olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
You are looking for a smooth yet thicker consistency. When you get to this point, it's finished and ready to serve with some chips, crackers or pita bread.
It's THAT easy! If you love hummus like I do, you should really try to make your own. You can substitute the roasted red peppers for any other flavouring you like. Some of my favourites are edamame or roasted garlic. Nutritious AND delicious!

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment