Monday 13 August 2012

The Caledonian

A friend of mine has been telling me to check out The Caledonian for a while now, so I decided to give it a try. The Caledonian is one of the only traditional Scottish restaurants in Toronto and they serve up some verrrrryyyyy tasty grub. 
This is the Taste of Scotland sharing platter. It comes with scotch eggs, haggis fritter and haggis sausage roll. This was fantastic! I loved the flavour of the haggis (which I was a twee bit scared about, as it is sheep intestine and all), but this was a truly delicious platter. 
The haggis was so good that we just HAD to order another side of it on its own. 
Haggis, Neeps and Tatties. This is a traditional dish of Scotland that has lamb, oats and spices. It is served on a bed of turnip and mashed potato. This dish is incredible. The flavours were spot on and the different textures made it complete. 
I was a little TOO excited when I noticed The Caledonian offers deep fried mars bar on their menu. I have been wanting to try one for a long time...so as you can probably imagine, I immediately ordered one. It was very rich and very sweet. The chocolate and caramel were just oozing out. Although it tasted nice, it was a little rich for me, and I probably wouldn't order it again. But I'm happy I finally tried one! 

Overall, it was nice to give traditional Scottish food a try. The Caledonian was a great dining experience. Not only do they serve great food, they also have an extensive list of scotch's and beer. The food was awesome, the drink was great, and the service was attentive and welcoming. What more could ya ask for!?

Happy Eating! Caledonian on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. One of my fave places in the 'hood. Definitely love the atmosphere, food, and people.

    eden

    ReplyDelete