Saturday 18 August 2012

Brazilian Star

I tried Brazilian food for the first time...ever! The verdict? .....I really like Brazilian food! Brazilian Star at Dundas and Ossington serves up some pretty authentic Brazilian eats. I came the here last week and was pleasantly surprised by the friendly service, and the flavourful food.
We tried a Brazilian Pop which tasted similar to cream soda.
Caipirinha. This is a traditional Brazilian drink with lime, sugar and cachaca (a Brazilian liquor). It is a little sweet, but very delicious.
Brazil is known for its delicious meats. This is the steak with fried egg, yucca (which taste similar to potato) collard greens and rice. The flavour in the meat was excellent. The fried egg added a nice richness to the meal.
 Beef Stew. 
The beef stew stirred up a little with the collard greens and yucca. This was really delicious. I loved every bite. The broth was incredibly flavourful and the meat was moist.
 Large portion of the Brazilian steak. This was wonderful and juicy.
 Side of Collard Greens (this was light and balanced out the heaviness of the meat and rice)
 Side of Rice (to mix with the stew and/or beans)
 Side of beans (these were delicious)
 Side of potato salad

I enjoyed my experience at Brazilian Star. I would definitely come back and dine here again. Now that I have finally experienced Brazilian food, I am excited to try more dishes. You should definitely check out Brazilian Star.

Happy Eating!
Brazilian Star Bar & Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment