Friday 20 July 2012

Mother's Dumplings

Mother's Dumplings is a great restaurant to come and get your dumpling crave on. I have been a couple times now, and am never disappointed with the food. Its one of those restaurants where the more people you go with, the better. It is best to order a bunch of different items and share between friends. 
Here is what we had on my most recent visit:
Da Lu Noodles. This was a yummy and soothing bowl of soup with thicker noodles to soak in flavour. The broth was rather mild, but the addition of hot sauce and some soy sauce brought out the flavour.
The green onion pancake was crispy and tasty.
Panfried dumplings filled with pork and bok choi. I enjoyed these best dipped in a mixture of soy sauce, vinegar and a touch of hot sauce. The picture below is a view of the centre of one of these panfried nuggets of goodness.
The kimchi was actually very mild compared to others I've had. I found this side dish to be a perfect balance to the dumplings. It was light and refreshing and filled with flavour.
Steamed beef and chive dumplings. These were my favourite dumplings of the night. Just delicious. Below is a picture of the filling for these dumplings. 
The vegetarian steamed bun was yummy.
Assorted dessert dumplings. These were just meh. Not overly excited about these sweeter dumplings. I wouldn't order them again.

Overall, Mother's Dumpling delivered on food, atmosphere and service. I always leave this restaurant feeling full and satisfied with the tasty food choices. Every time I have that dumpling craving, this is always the place I come to.  If you haven't been, I strongly recommend giving it a try!

http://www.mothersdumplings.com/

Happy Eating!
Mother's Dumplings on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment