Tuesday 31 July 2012

Ciao Wine Bar

I came to Ciao earlier this month, to try out their Summerlicious menu. This Italian restaurant is located right in the heart of Yorkville. I love the interior of this place. The lighting is perfect, it has great ambiance and a modern feel. I have been to Ciao before, and I usually enjoy my meal. However on this trip... not so much. Everything was just O.K. Nothing to rave home about. Here's what I had:
 Complimentary bread basket (came with olives, a jar of hot peppers, oil and vinegar)
Shrimp in a tomato sauce. This didn't wow me. It was a pretty standard dish. The toasted bread that came with this was cold, and quite hard. 
Braised short ribs, with polenta and crispy onions. This was a better dish. I liked the ribs. However, the whole dish was screaming for more of the jus (the juicy liquid from the ribs that they put on the bottom) so we asked for more. I am a big fan of polenta. And although this one had good flavour, it wasn't the proper creamy texture a polenta should be. This was clumpy and mashed potato like. 
Chocolate Budino. This is similar to a chocolate mouse. I liked the light texture in each bite. It was a descent desert. Nothing spectacular. 

Overall, the food wasn't too memorable. I did enjoy the ambiance of the restaurant and could appreciate the catchy designs and decor.
I have had better experiences at Ciao restaurant, and I hope you do too if you go there.

Happy Eating!
Ciao Wine Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment